Saturday, December 10, 2011

Balloons

This post is for Scenic Sunday.

Driving down from Maleny to Kenilworth the other day I saw this balloon floating through the air ahead of me. It looked beautiful floating through the still morning air and is not something I see very often.
When I stopped to take photos and looked around I saw a second one further to the east.
The one ahead of me looked as if it was coming down so I drove on a short way and watched it come down very gently onto a farm track.

7 comments:

  1. what beautiful countryside to view from above, or set down on and enjoy on foot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't that fun to see? Glad you had your camera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly timed and we get to enjoy the pics! I love to see these baloons softly gliding across the sky but I've never been brave enough to take a ride in one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely shots. I love seeing balloons - we have a festival each year in my town where several dozen balloons take off at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful! I love the color in the last shot. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know why but the lush countryside surprised me. Probably because such areas of Australia rarely get shown over here.

    It is only when the balloons come down to earth that we can see just how large they are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks wonderful. Everything is beautiful and green, the colours of the balloon really highlights this.

    ReplyDelete