Thursday, June 16, 2011

Eclipse

Did anyone else from this area watch the moon eclipse this morning? I naturally wake up early most mornings so it wasn't too much of an effort to wake a bit earlier and peer out the window as soon as I woke. I didn't stay outside too long - it was too cold even for Queensland! - but it was worth going out every little while to see the progress of the eclipse as the moon got less visible. The dark part really did get that red glow that the scientists were predicting. Unfortunately my old 'point and shoot' camera was just not good enough to get good photos. This one was taken at 5:16 am.

10 comments:

  1. but at least you got to see it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Texwisgirl, it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there - my kids always (and I mean always) wake up at about 6am. So we planned to have a look. You guessed it 7.15 wake up for us all!!!

    There is another eclipse due in November at a more civilised time of the night!

    Cheers - Stewart M - (who enjoyed a sleep in, but missed the eclipse!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stewart, the one thing sure about children is their "unpredicatability"!
    Sorry you missed this eclipse but better luck next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good on ya! You're much better than me at getting up in the cold and going outside into the even colder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pleased you managed to see it. Thick cloud here - as usual when there is anything interesting to see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Snail, but I like mornings! And I put up with the cold when necessary!

    Hi John, last time there was an interesting star show - (can't remember what!) - we were covered with cloud also and I envied all those where it was nice and clear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here we saw a red moon at the begining of the eclipse, it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI JM, it sounds great. I just wish I had had my other camera and could have taken some better photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool. We had an eclipse here a few months ago but clouds prevented us from seeing it.

    ReplyDelete