Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Frogmouth - update

Here is another photo of the Tawny Frogmouth that is nesting in a tree at my friends' place. I still can't see how many young ones are in the nest as they jostle so much that there is only one head clearly seen at a time. The adult sitting on the nest is pushed almost out of the nest and onto the branch. The previous photos were taken on the 27th of last month and these ones on the 7th of this month so the young ones have certainly grown since that time. Another few days and I will try again and hopefully this time find out how many young ones are up in that nest. I love the wide-awake eyes of the young one. I can just imagine the parent telling the baby that children should be asleep right now!

9 comments:

  1. Aww. This is so wonderful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so too Gwendolen. I hope to get some more photos as the young come out of the nest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool shot. Good luck catching sight of the chicks. I'll be hoping to see some photos of them here.

    Kat
    http://inmydreamssfk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bewdy Mick,
    Nicely captured. Don't make much of a nest for a largish bird, do they? Frggies are great birds.
    Gouldiae

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gouldiae - I do wonder how they all manage to fit it!

    ReplyDelete