Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Early Morning

Join me! I am indulging in a my favorite morning occupation. Hot cup in hand I am sitting in my rocking chair in front of the glass sliding door in the family room. The room faces north and east and the chair is angled for me to watch the first gleams of the rising sun.

If I look a little further to the north there are several very tall stalks from my neighbor's yard. I think they are bamboo and the birds are enjoying them. At this hour the light changes very quickly. I amuse myself by trying to recognize bird silhouettes.

All during the day an assortment of birds fly on and fly off. Most of the birds are content to use the stalks as perches but the White Cockies seem to enjoy the taste. Bit by bit they break off the tops. These birds put on quite a show the other morning as they jostled for position and called raucously. Unfortunately white birds against grey sky don't make great photos. Late yesterday afternoon some Galahs flew in. I always think they are such pretty birds and against the late afternoon blue sky they looked even better.

For more scenery from around the world visit Our World Tuesday

and for more birds visit Wild Bird Wednesday

18 comments:

  1. Delightful view to sit and watch with you and wonderful photography!

    Wishing you a Happy Week ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have a prime spot there, and what a pleasant way to begin the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The galahs are sinmply lovely. Pink birds - even my granddaughters might look at them. I agree about light conditions as taking bird photographs is probably much harder than many realise when taking into account background, direction of the sun, time of day etc, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your perching beauties! The back of our house faces SE and the sun rises right next to a mountain I can see at an angle from my windows, or see much better if I move out onto the back porch. I've taken a lot of photos from that back porch! :-) My header photo is an eastern view of the sky as the sun set in the west. In summer when the monsoons come we often get some amazing cloud formations, and some resulting gorgeous sunsets! I do love getting up early enough to see the sun rise, though. Enjoyed your post very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful and colorful birds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos love the Galah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Galahs are beautiful. Gorgeous, vivid coloring. Wonderful majestic captures. genie

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice, watching the sunrise! Your Galahs are lovely, and remind me of bright popsicles on a stick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would be so happy to spend a morning like that! (And actually I was able to ... well, minus the gulahs of course, when we lived at the Lake.) But times change and there are definite advantages to living in town at this stage of our lives. I do miss the birds though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sexy Galahs! I love the parrots that fly all around your parts of the world. What a great way to start your morning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cool! I did see some like this when I was in Queensland. Nice reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love it! what special birds you have there you can watch, wish we had something just as exciting here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Early morning tea (or coffee) is a great thing to do - strange that I find it easier to get up at dawn for fishing or photography that I do to get up two hours later for work!

    Nice post.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Coming back your way after seeing your comment on my blog post...yes, pumpkin pie is actually a staple of the American Thanksgiving celebration. Usually we use the smaller pumpkins for that, and then use the big ones to carve for Halloween. Pumpkin pie is also served at Christmas sometimes too. My husband LOVES it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a very nice spot you have, Mick, for greeting the morning! You are definitely right about how nice those Galahs look against a blue sky.

    All the best from steamy Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So gorgeous! Morning is my favourite time of day.

    ReplyDelete