Monday, April 22, 2019

Distant Vistas

I had a problem - I had not been able to get out and see or photograph anything new and interesting around here. BUT then I remembered I did have a stack of photos saved up that put a smile on my face whenever I looked at them. They were not my photos but when I checked with my brother he told me to go ahead and use them if I wanted to! So these are not taken anywhere near here and are not my story either - but they are Australian
My brother lives down in Victoria and he loves the water and the sea as much as I do and possibly more! Where I am content with slowly puttering around on a kayak and close in-shore he likes a big fast boat that will take him out on the ocean where there are lots of fish! At present he has a Kevlacat. He (and his son who enjoys the sea and boats just as much) usually put the boat in at Port Welshpool in SE Victoria.

Of course, the very best time to get out on the water is very early. Before the wind starts to blow or the seas start to get up.
Even after that it is still very beautiful. I think what I like the most are the colors of the ocean and the wide open spaces.
I get told lots of lovely "fishie' stories but in those moments no-one thinks to take photos! I was told a week or so ago they were catching some nice eating fish when a VERY BIG fish unexpectedly took a hook and bait and got unhappy. The first they realized there was something wrong the big fish was jumping towards a motor looking as if it would take a big bite out of it with its big mouth full of teeth! At the last moment it snapped the line and took off in another direction."Of course we didn't leave! The other fish were biting too well and we wanted a few more!"
This was a few days ago - They stopped the boat in behind a little island called Rabbit Island where it was a bit more sheltered while they waited for the tide to turn and the fishing to get better again. Fresh fish are good for breakfast especially when cooked immediately - "but I forgot the bread and butter, Sister!!"

For more photos from around the world visit Our World Tuesday

12 comments:

  1. Hello, it is a shame the big fish got away. I like most fish but I have not eaten them for breakfast. Your brother has a nice boat for fishing. I enjoyed the photos. Enjoy your day, have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The early morning photos are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful boating photos ~ how I miss boating ~ thanks for these delightful photos ~

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, yes! Everything is best early in the mirning. Quiet & peaceful time of day. LOVE all your photos Mick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely boat your brother has. So wise of him to set sail when all is quiet and the sea is calm. I wonder if the "one that got away" was a shark? Maybe just as well that he didn't land it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very astute Phil, of course it was a shark!! and a very big one by the sounds of it as brother was a bit worried about what it was about to do to the motor! btw they did NOT intend to catch it - wrong gear and all that! I didn't include all those details in my initial post as I don't like scare stories!

      Delete
  6. Loving the scenes from the boat. I wonder what sort of shark it was? We see alot of white pointers here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing these awesome photos since I don't do 'early'!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can’t imagine coming that close to catching a shark! Definitely *can* imagine the two fishermen not wanting to leave while the other fish were biting! You know we enjoy boating (only not in the open ocean) and I loved seeing the wake and the beautiful boat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whether by land or sea, you never know what will turn up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. G'day, Mick. Hope all is well and you're feeling good this week.

    Love these images! Can almost smell the salt. Seems like every trip on the water bring surprises. We've had sharks bite our propellers many times. I was told the sound bothers them but who knows?

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a very stable boat for cruising and fishing. We've been wanting to go out on the Strait of Georgia gain, but the weather hasn't been good enough for us. We are really fair weather sailors. - Margy

    ReplyDelete