Monday, October 16, 2017

Local

I took this pic one afternoon when I took a quick look around down at the bay just to make sure everything was still the same!These people were on holiday and told me they were filling in time while younger members of their family were off on more active pursuits. They knew lots more about fish and fishing than I did and told me what small fish they had already spotted. This is where I used to launch my kayak and I don't think I have ever seen fish right there!  I hope they had some good luck!
All these birds I saw and photographed one afternoon around my house I often see Galahs flying over but they only come down on the lawn when I haven't mowed the grass for some time and there is a good crop of dandelions for them to enjoy. Galahs always amuse me, They have a slow and rather stately movement but they waddle not walk! Also a lot of my photos show that sideways look where one eye is half closed!
This is a little Willie Wagtail that spent a lot of time around my yard some weeks ago. I think there was a pair of them and they were the first birds to call in the morning and the last ones at night also. They frequently came and sat on the top of what used to be the pen where the cat was enclosed - but that was a while ago and much of the wire had rusted and fallen away. They knew all the ways in and out and obviously felt quite secure up there.
This is a little sparrow. They are relatively new to my yard and quite new to this whole district. Why did they come here? I wonder what has attracted them into the yard and is one of my neighbors feeding them. There is quite a flock of them around by the sounds of them in the bushes outside my house.

For more scenery  from around the world visit Our World Tuesday

and for more birds visit Wild Bird Wednesday


12 comments:

  1. The galahs are a nice bird, like the colors and the pic of him biting a dandelion

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last bird on the branch is certainly a cutie! Also like the two birds on the beach. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, the galahs love dandelions? They should come to Sweden then. Lots of dandelions in spring and summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen a galah don't think we have them here, maybe the fisherpeople are having fun relaxing, it's nice being by water :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still love the sparrows yet the Gallah is so colorful and different ~ great photos ~ ^_^

    A Shutter Bug Explores ~ aka ~ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three beautiful birds!
    I like the first photo, too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I agree all three birds are beautiful. I do love the more colorful Galah, wonderful sightings and photos. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That half-closed eye on the one galah picture intrigues me ... he looks sort of worldly-wise and bored with it all. Great yard-birds all.. And I'd love to be where those fisherpersons are -- not to fish though, just to enjoy (I've always liked to GO fishing, I just don't like TO fish.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Galah we have two that come to our feeder every now an then.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those Galah are beautiful little creatures!! And although the Sparrow may be new to your place, I get tons of them and their cousins, the Eastern Towhee because of the surrounding woods/underbrush...:)JP

    ReplyDelete